Monday, March 14, 2016

Allergy season is upon us... and it can suck it

Yup. I said it. In all fairness, my whole family is suffering right now. Baby girl, who is already going through a fussy-phase, has snot dripping down her nose 24/7 on top of it, so needless to say things have been a little rough lately. So I did what any normal person would do and started taking my allergy meds. Then tonight, I got the brilliant idea to break out one of my own products and get some aromatherapy involved. Cue my eye mask:


(And people wonder why I don't take selfies... believe me, the world is better off for it)

Let me tell you... this thing is wonderful. It can be used warm, room temperature, or cold. Personally, I prefer warm. All you have to do is pop it in the microwave at 30 second intervals until it reaches the heat-level you're looking for. Then just sit back, relax, and let the essential oils clear out your sinuses. I used eucalyptus in this one, but peppermint and rosemary have also come highly recommended.

I got the idea to add these to my shop because my wonderful chiropractor recommended the use of eucalyptus oil, just a dab under each nostril. The problem is that the oil would irritate my skin. So I went to my good friend Pinterest for some ideas, and here is the final product. And I must tell you, I've used it both resting on my eyes as well as just sitting on my chest pressed up against my nose (kinda like I'm doing right now as I type this). Tomorrow, I will be running out to the store to pick up some camo fabric to hook hubby up with one or two (he seems to be interested in both the sinus-relief scents and the stress-relief scents).

If you're interested in buying one for yourself, check out my shop for details! https://www.etsy.com/listing/271273265/hotcold-aromatherapy-eye-mask?ref=shop_home_active_2

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment