Thursday, March 3, 2016

Wakey wakey, time to bakey!

Yea, it's a goofy title, I know. That's kinda my thing though.
So when my hands aren't full with crochet hooks, knitting needles, or working on a sewing machine, I actually love to bake. I'm not all that great at cooking, but baking is so much more of an exact science that even I have a hard time screwing it up. Yesterday I wanted something new to give to my daughter for breakfast, but something that she would still eat (she's going through her picky eater phase, so meal times are nothing short of impossible lately). She loves oatmeal in the morning, and will eat anything with applesauce in it, so I was really happy to find this recipe for apple-cinnamon-oatmeal muffins. They are really easy and quick to make, which is perfect for someone with her lack of patience. http://www.eatingonadime.com/oatmeal-applesauce-muffins-that-will-knock-your-socks-off/
And not only does she love them, but so does hubby! So it looks like I'll be making a lot of these to have on hand.
In the meantime, I'm also working on pushing my home goods line in the shop. The products really do work well... I know, because I use them in my own home. Hubby and I just cleaned out our cars this past weekend, and I used the washcloths to scrub the floor of my car. I use the swiffer cover as a wet swiffer, and it worked great for cleaning my kitchen floor. And I absolutely love the soap saver for my shower.
With spring coming, I figure people are starting to think of their spring cleaning projects (at least I am). Check it out! https://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchedBySovs?section_id=18538859&ref=shopsection_leftnav_4
I'm working on thinking up some more projects to add to the shop. I'll keep you posted as they come. Until then...

2 comments:

  1. love your post here, I've been trying to post but it kept refusing and taking me back to wordpress... I like your blog and if two more comments pop through then I'm sorry and not at all odd!!:) Just a frazzled parent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no need to apologize, comments are always welcome! even if they are repeated ;-)

      Delete